Lifespan Religious Education Team
The Lifespan Religious Education (LRE) Team supports the Religious Education Program of UUCS.
Participation in religious education provides children and youth with a supportive community in which to grow their Unitarian Universalist identity. Our hope is that through regular participation in religious education activities, children and youth will enhance their ability to: experience a sense of the sacred, learn what it means to be a UU, clarify personal religious values, and express personal convictions through actions.
The LRE Team supports the Lifespan Religious Education Program by:
- Providing a range of viewpoints regarding the LRE Program’s mission and goals.
- Acting as a sounding board for our Director of Lifespan Religious Education.
- When issues arise, coming to consensus as to the best course of action in resolving them.
- Coming up with activity ideas for parents and families.
- Taking on specific volunteer projects to support the LRE Program.
- Reporting to the Board and Program Council.
Our team is made up of members and friends of the congregation. Contact the team if you’d like to attend a meeting. We communicate via a Google email group and in person. You can contact the LRE team at LRE.Team@uusalem.org.
You do not need to be on the LRE Team to volunteer with the LRE Program! We have many volunteer opportunities, from working directly with the kids to helping prepare for for one-time activities. If you’re interested in getting involved, contact our LRE Director.
LRE Team Chair