Here is a summary of seasonal services At UUCS from December 21 through January 1.
- Solstice Service December 21, 7:00 pm UUCS Sanctuary. Join the Salem Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans as we celebrate the return of the light. A traditional calling of the four directions, songs, readings, and a story focusing on the Dragons of the Night who bring the Light back to the earth with the help of Grandmother Winter and Grandfather Frost. Refreshments and fellowship will be held in the Fellowship Hall after the service. Everyone is welcome. Childcare will be available for young children in the nursery.
- Family Christmas Eve Celebration December 24, 5:45 pm Designed for those with young family members, this half hour service is full of stories and singing and the traditional tree decorated with mittens for children in need. We will have refreshments and ornament making following the service until the traditional Christmas Eve Candlelight service starts at 7:30 pm.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service December 24, 7:30 pm The UUCS Choir and musicians provide exalted sounds, readings of the ancient biblical narratives, a modern reading by Sophia Lyon Fahs, a Christmas Eve homily by Rev. Rick, a Christmas Prayer to the World, and singing “Silent Night” by candle light. A special night to be together and experience the spirit of peace and love.
- No formal Christmas day services, Sunday Dec. 25.. UUCS will be open for coffee and light refreshments and discussion on how UU’s have influenced Christmas from 10:30-11:30am. If you can share gluten free goodies for that day, they can be dropped off in the UUCS kitchen any time during the week before Christmas. Thank you. For more information, contact Angela, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Global Peace Dance Dec 31, 8:30 pm UUCS Fellowship Hall. Celebratory and ethnic dress encouraged. Every dance fully taught by the Dances of Universal Peace. No partners necessary. Potluck break at 10 pm. More dancing at 10:45. Please bring food to share. Please bring a bell or noisemaker to ring in the New Year at midnight! $10-15 donations gratefully received. No one turned away due to lack of funds. **Child care NOT provided. Children are welcome under direct parental supervision. Contact Angela, email@example.com if you have questions.
- No formal New Year’s Day services Sunday, Jan. 1. UUCS will be open for coffee and light refreshments from 10:30-11:30am. If you can share gluten free goodies for that day, they can be dropped off in the UUCS kitchen any time during the week before New Year’s Day. Thank you. For more information, contact Angela firstname.lastname@example.org