The first Sunday in September has traditionally been the Sparkle and Clean Sunday, an opportunity to do some deep cleaning of the facility, in particular the kitchen. This year in light of COVID and just recently remodeling the kitchen, Sparkle and Clean has turned into Trim and Weed! Come join us for a short outdoor service led by Rev. Rick and followed by spending some time helping the Landscaping Team clean up UUCS backyard a little.
Dress for outdoor work and bring tools to trim shrubs and trees, weed, sweep, blow, move brush, stack wood, and clear trails. Get involved with fellow UUs as we lift up our spirits through worshiping outside and pulling a few weeds. Lemonade and ice cream will be offered to refresh your taste buds. You will still need to register as you have been doing for in-person services. Registration will begin the afternoon of August 29.
Also, bring your mask to wear as needed, and practice safe distancing. The service will be live streamed for those who can’t make it in person. Thanks and see you then if not before.
– The Worship Team
Here is a list of Landscape tasks from the Landscape team:
Not listed by priority nor sequence
- Parking lot :
- Sweep up loose leaves, debris
- Pull/cut weeds in beds, sides, also rear of bldg.
- Prune bushes/trees, firs, (make ok to walk under, pile or move)
- Edge walkways, esp. near kitchen & west side
- Rake/clean beds in back patio
- Clean edge of beds and grass in rear
- Trim filbert by play area in prep for cutting
- Trim suckers from Smoketree in front of kitchen
- IN BATEMAN WOODS:
- Spread the pile of wood chips on trail
- Rake cones from grass and play areas
- Clean up/clear area near compost in rear
- Clear trails of sticks and stones, and
- Move trail logs clear or for cutting
- Rake weeds in woods into piles
- Stack & consolidate wood piles (Make big ones from little)
- Saw work to do or support:
- Cut poplar on west side
- Cut filbert after trimmed
- Trim west side fir limbs to head clearance